Please click here to go to the Parish Home page
The PCC of Christ Church Staincliffe, along with all the churches in the Diocese of Leeds, takes Safeguarding very seriously.
This Policy was adopted unanimously by Staincliffe PCC.
Each person who works within this church will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church. This church appoints MICHELE CROMACK as the Parish Safeguarding Officer.
The application of this policy will be reviewed each year
EVERY PERSON HAS A VALUE AND DIGNITY WHICH COMES DIRECTLY FROM THE CREATION OF MALE AND FEMALE IN GOD’S OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS. CHRISTIANS SEE THIS POTENTIAL AS FULFILLED BY GOD’S RE-CREATION OF US IN CHRIST. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS IMPLIES A DUTY TO VALUE ALL PEOPLE AS BEARING THE IMAGE OF GOD AND THEREFORE TO PROTECT THEM FROM HARM.
This Parish along with all parishes within The Diocese of Leeds adopt Church of England polices and practice guidance relating to safeguarding.
We will endeavour to safeguard children, young people and adults by:
• Ensuring the care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and adults.
• Carefully selecting and training all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of criminal records disclosures and registration with the relevant vetting and barring schemes.
• Supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children, young people and adults.
• Establishing safe, caring communities which provide an environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• Recognising that it is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of children, young people and adults, and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
• Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that a child, young person or adult may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• Seeking to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
• Committing ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
• Challenging any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
• Offering pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child or a vulnerable adult at Christ Church, please speak with Michele Cromack or The Vicar (Fr Gordon Newton)
Both Michele and Fr Gordon can be contacted on this telephone number 01924 656 454.
Should you feel that you cannot speak with people in the parish, please contact the Jenny Price on the Diocesan Safeguarding Team.
Her telephone numbers are 0113 3530 258 or
If you feel that someone is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999 (or 112) or Social Services.
The working hours telephone number for Children's Social Services in Kirklees is
The out of hours telephone number for Children's Social Services in Kirklees is
The working hours telephone number for Adult Social Services in Kirklees is
The out of hours phone telephone number for Adult Social Services in Kirklees is
To see the latest guidance and good practice policy, please visit the Diocese of Leeds safeguarding page.